Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Pumpkin! Mmmmmmm!





Just thought I would share my yummy pumpkin soup! I found this wonderful recipe from nickjr.com. Caden did try it and liked it....a little. I think he enjoyed playing with it much better. Christian....politely said,"no thanks!" But Chris and I enjoyed it tremendously! And making it was actually quite easy. All you needed was a nice looking Butternut Squash cubed up.



Saute some onion and garlic. Add the cubed squash along with 32 oz of chicken broth, some thyme, and 1 cup pumpkin puree and let it simmer til the squash is tender.



Then by small batches, mix it in a blender and WALLAH! Pumpkin soup!



The beautiful pumpkin on the top is vanilla yogurt piped through a Ziploc bag. Cute huh? Now my goal is to cook 3 new soups before the end of the year. Any ideas? Maybe I should start a cooking blog.....don't get ahead of yourself.....one thing at a time. :)

No comments: